Go Back   Forum Runner Support > Forum Runner > Forum Runner Chat

(#1) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default Announcement: Viglink Support is now in Forum Runner - 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Many have asked for it, and after working with Viglink for the past few months, Viglink support is now available in Forum Runner.

What does this mean?

Viglink has partnerships with hundreds (if not thousands) of affiliate merchants and websites. Normally, you would go to each individual affiliate (such as Amazon, Wal-mart, Sears, etc) and sign up for their affiliate program so that any purchases your forum's users make through clicking through to an item from your forum would send you a small amount of the purchase price (affiliate bonus). Obviously, this doesn't scale very well as there are thousands of affiliate programs.

This means that you sign up for one Viglink account, and all supported affiliate links are automatically created for your users (transparently) and you receive any affiliate bonuses that you qualify for when your users make purchases.

Best of all, this is all done COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT to your users.

How do I enable this?

If you currently have a forum registered with Forum Runner, Viglink support is disabled. To enable Viglink support:

1) Log into the Forum Manager
2) Click on the name of your forum (to go into edit mode)
3) Scroll to the bottom and "Enable Viglink Affiliate Support"
4) Exit back to the Forum Manager screen
5) Click "Claim your revenue" next to your forum's name

At that point you will be redirected to the Viglink claim revenue screen, which is where you can either log in with your existing Viglink account, or create a new one.

Once you are done with this process, you are done. Links in Forum Runner will be converted to Viglink affiliate links associated with your Viglink account and any purchases your users make through the app will net you some money!

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

http://www.forumrunner.net

(#2) Old
greenpoochie

Default 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM

I followed the instructions but "Claim your revenue" never appears next to my forum.

Am I missing something else? Thanks.

(#3) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
I followed the instructions but "Claim your revenue" never appears next to my forum.

Am I missing something else? Thanks.
Are you sure that you checked "Enable Viglink Affiliate Support" in the Forum Manager->Edit Forum screen and then hit "Save"?

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#4) Old
scottct1

Default 08-22-2011, 06:27 AM

I am having the same issue. I click the Enable VigLink Affiliate Support and click Save, it says that the forum information has been updated.. yet the Enable Viglink Affiliate box is back to being unchecked. and the Claim your Revenue never shows.

(#5) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 08-22-2011, 08:24 AM

Try now.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#6) Old
scottct1

Default 08-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Yup works now.

(#7) Old
TerryMason

Default 09-08-2011, 04:16 PM

I use skimlinks in my forum (it's the same stuff as viglink, just different company). Since skimlinks' code is in my normal forum footer, I'm assuming that it's safe to use viglinks in my forum app right?

I don't want to run both of them at the same time if possible.

(#8) Old
carsafety

Default A few questions - 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Just seeing this option now. A few questions-

Can viglink be excluded from specific secondary usergroups like the Adsense/admob option? (For example, subscribers)

Can you exclude specific forums from Viglink? (For example, sponsor forums)

Will it overwrite affiliate codes if you already have them in links?

(#9) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 10-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsafety View Post
Just seeing this option now. A few questions-

Can viglink be excluded from specific secondary usergroups like the Adsense/admob option? (For example, subscribers)

Can you exclude specific forums from Viglink? (For example, sponsor forums)

Will it overwrite affiliate codes if you already have them in links?
Currently, no it cannot be excluded right now. If this is something you require, email support directly and we can work on trying to find a way around this.

Likely it will overwrite affiliate codes. Basically when it is enabled, all outgoing links go through Viglinks URL rewriter which will likely overwrite existing affiliate codes.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#10) Old
talkford

Default 12-07-2011, 01:45 PM

What percentage do you take from all affiliate sales?