Go Back   Forum Runner Support > Forum Runner > Forum Runner Chat > Features
Closed Thread

(#11) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 10-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Note that Google has said that embedding ads inside mobile apps is not allowed as per their ToS. You can use AdMob instead if you are worried about your AdSense account - simply follow the directions above.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

http://www.forumrunner.net

(#12) Old
scottct1

Default 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM

While the admob ads are showing on the Android app, they do not open if you click on them.

Is it possible to have seperate ads for Android and iPhone?

(#13) Old
scottct1

Default 10-25-2010, 11:27 AM

Hmm actually scratch that..

After going on a few pages I got a different add and it noticed I was on android. That one was clickable and took me to the site correctly.

(#14) Old
Ibrin

Default 11-20-2010, 05:46 AM

I've just set up forum runner on my site, and I'm trying to ad AdMob. The only way I can find to get a Publisher ID from AdMob is to add Forum Runner as an App in AdMob. That doesn't seem right, as it's not my app. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Ibrin; 11-20-2010 at 05:49 AM.

(#15) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 11-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrin View Post
I've just set up forum runner on my site, and I'm trying to ad AdMob. The only way I can find to get a Publisher ID from AdMob is to add Forum Runner as an App in AdMob. That doesn't seem right, as it's not my app. Am I missing something?
I don't get it.

If you go to AdMob, set up a site as normal (your site). When you are done, you should have a link that says "publisher id". This is what you are looking for.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#16) Old
Ibrin

Default 11-21-2010, 09:41 AM

I got it figured out (I think). I had to create an ad for "iPhone Web". I thought it had to be for an app, since i was using your app. However, no ads are showing. Does it take time for them to start?

(#17) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 11-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrin View Post
I got it figured out (I think). I had to create an ad for "iPhone Web". I thought it had to be for an app, since i was using your app. However, no ads are showing. Does it take time for them to start?
Nope... they should start showing up immediately if configured properly.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#18) Old
carsafety

Default Android vs. iPhone for Admob - 12-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Can you please clarify on how to setup your Admob account? It would seem that you want to setup an app for iPhone App, Android App and maybe even iPad App. But, there is only one entry box for the script in Forum Runner Settings.

Will any one of them work on all platforms, or do you choose iPhone Web as mentioned by Ibrin above as a one script fits all platforms kind of thing?

Or, can you paste all three into the script box and somehow they will auto-detect and only the right one will display?

The Admob instructions aren't very clear but seem to indicate you want the specific type for your app platform. I'm going with iPhone web only for testing, but once I have a custom app I'm wondering if I should use the App options instead.

(#19) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 12-04-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsafety View Post
Can you please clarify on how to setup your Admob account? It would seem that you want to setup an app for iPhone App, Android App and maybe even iPad App. But, there is only one entry box for the script in Forum Runner Settings.

Will any one of them work on all platforms, or do you choose iPhone Web as mentioned by Ibrin above as a one script fits all platforms kind of thing?

Or, can you paste all three into the script box and somehow they will auto-detect and only the right one will display?

The Admob instructions aren't very clear but seem to indicate you want the specific type for your app platform. I'm going with iPhone web only for testing, but once I have a custom app I'm wondering if I should use the App options instead.
You use Mobile Web. In the box, you put the following javascript:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
 var admob_vars = {
  pubid: '[PUBLISHER_ID]', // publisher id
  bgcolor: '000000', // background color (hex)
  text: 'FFFFFF', // font-color (hex)
  test: true // test mode, set to false if non-test mode
 };
 </script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="http://mm.admob.com/static/iphone/iadmob.js"></script>
Replace publisher ID with your publisher ID and set test:false when you are ready to deploy.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#20) Old
carsafety

Default 12-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Best I can tell, your script is the same as the one I generated using "iPhone Web". I created a "Mobile Web" site like you said, and the code was much more complex, with options for PHP (curl), PHP (fsockopen), J2SE1.4, etc etc. I'm guessing that iPhone Web is the way to go and it works for both Android and IPhone? (I've confirmed that the test mode ads worked on iPod Touch).

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just want to make sure I'm using whatever one will display on both platforms and send the $$$ back to me lol.

Closed Thread