Go Back   Forum Runner Support > Forum Runner > Forum Runner Chat

(#1) Old
gnatster

Default Cost of Push? - 04-22-2010, 10:28 AM

Howdy,

I can't seem to find what the cost for the Push feature is. There is only mention that one gets 2 weeks free. Before I add a feature that will cost my users anything I'd like to know the costs please.

Thanks

(#2) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 04-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatster View Post
Howdy,

I can't seem to find what the cost for the Push feature is. There is only mention that one gets 2 weeks free. Before I add a feature that will cost my users anything I'd like to know the costs please.

Thanks
Right now it is free since we are in Beta, and will likely stay this way for a while until we determine the strain put on our push notification servers.

If we determine that the cost of maintaining the servers warrants charging for the service, it will likely be 4.99$ for a year of service (or 1.99$ if they want to just buy a month to try it).

If the cost of server maintenance is low and not what we expect, we will likely keep the service as free.

Hope this answers your questions.

For right now though since we are still in beta, if they sign up for push notification, it is free!

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

http://www.forumrunner.net

(#3) Old
gnatster

Default 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the quick reply

--Motoring Alliance The MINI Enthusiasts Home

--Drive Thru Online Turn your passion into profit

(#4) Old
hudson2001

Default 04-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Will there be more info on this in the Notification Settings page on the app? I wanted push but didn't sign up for it because I didn't want to suddenly start getting billed when my trial was up. Even just saying something simple like "When your free trial is over, you will NOT be billed, but will receive a popup asking if you'd like to purchase Push."

Also, it would be nice to say something about "The info for your Push account is NOT the same is your Forum login" or something along those lines, for those thinking the two might be the same.

(#5) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Both great points.

I will modify it for future users. :-)

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

http://www.forumrunner.net