Go Back   Forum Runner Support > Forum Runner > Forum Runner Chat

(#1) Old
carsafety

Thumbs down Is Forumrunner no longer supported at all? - 09-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Is this an active product for vb4 or vb5?

Is there any support forthcoming? It seems most threads go unanswered recently. Or perhaps we should be sending less urgent requests to vB support?

Updates for Android 4.4 and iOS7 are way overdue and I am told that members can't post at all now with iOS8. Will there be any future updates for compatibility at all?

As is, I am now forced to begin testing Tapatalk and will be forced to migrate from the branded forumrunner at the end of the year if there is no sign of customer support or compatibility fixes, let alone feature updates.

(#2) Old
eddyj

Default 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM

It has barely been supported for quite a while, and now seems totally abandoned. Pretty much unusable for iOS8. I have resisted going to Tapatalk (which has issues of its own), but I think I might have to bite the bullet.

(#3) Old
carsafety

Default 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM

At the beginning of this year when I renewed my custom app, I had an indication that there may be updates for bug fixes and new O/S at the least. There was also at least token support on this forum at the time. For an annually paid license, the lack of support has been unexcusable since then. Like bad enough that I will consider moving my platform to Xenforo or other software before ever considering an upgrade to vB5. My latest ticket to ask about future updates had a curt response that no updates are planned at this time.

They really did drive this thing into the ground after buying out Rob. Really, why did they bother? Very sad. I'm not happy having to use Tapatalk, but it's the only game in town, now. I will definitely not be paying another custom app fee when mine is up for renewal, given the app killer issues with iOS8.

(#4) Old
Rdkendrick

Default 09-23-2014, 10:49 PM

Must be. My version, on my iPad keeps crashing, and I just found out today that it crashes when I try to play a YouTube video.
I see no version updates, no "Coming Soon!" No nothing.

(#5) Old
eddyj

Default 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkendrick View Post
Must be. My version, on my iPad keeps crashing, and I just found out today that it crashes when I try to play a YouTube video. I see no version updates, no "Coming Soon!" No nothing.
It crashes every time you click on a link

(#6) Old
creativepart

Default 09-27-2014, 02:33 PM

I received this email from FR/IB:

Quote:
All customers who have renewed their FR app have received the update to IOS 7. The update is functional and Apple approved. There are no mandates from Apple that we need to make any changes to any existing apps that are currently on the app store. As of yet, an IOS 8 update is not being requested. We cannot provide a preview in an adhoc download. You may want to purchase the mobile suite option which is continuously being developed and updated. You will however have to create and submit your app to both Apple and Google without the assistance of our developers.
I paid my license and am waiting to see if this is true - or if IB is flat out lying about this.

(#7) Old
scottct1

Default 09-28-2014, 07:39 AM

Kind of useless now...

http://gizmodo.com/cant-go-back-now-...s-7-1639930252

Fix it correctly or shut the project down. Its as simple as that.

(#8) Old
creativepart

Default 09-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Scott, my forum runner branded app is working - albeit with the editing error - on my iOS 8.2 phone.

(#9) Old
carsafety

Default 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM

Many of my members on iOS8 can only read forums, but are unable to post new threads.

I sent in a support ticket to see if there would at least be compatibility updates of the app should I elect to renew for 2015. The response was, "There are no planned updates at this time."

My tapatalk test has been going OK. It has a few quirks but is so far compatible with iOS8 and Android 4.4.

(#10) Old
creativepart

Default 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM

I should have circled back here and let folks know - concerning my post #6 above.

I did pay for my licenses to be renewed when I was promised the apps would be updated for iOS 7 at the minimum.

But this did not happen and I demanded a refund and received it.