Go Back   Forum Runner Support > Forum Runner > Forum Runner Chat > Features

(#1) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default Enabling AdMob Integration in Forum Runner - 04-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Introducing AdMob Integration for Forum Runner!

Forum Runner supports embedding AdMob ads into client apps on iPhone/iPad/Android devices.

This allows you to display AdMob ads in-app to specific User Groups on your forum! When fully set up, it will look like this in-app:

How to Set Up AdMob Ads

You must first set up an AdMob publisher account. To do so, visit http://www.admob.com/register. Once you have this account set up, follow the steps below:

• Click on "Sites & Apps" Tab
  • Click "Add Site/App"
  • Choose iPhone App or Android App depending on which platform you wish to create your ad for
  • For "App Name", put your forum name
  • For "App Store URL" or "Android Package URL", delete the value out of this field
  • Choose the proper category and enter a good description of your forum
  • Now that the app has been created, go back to the "Sites & Apps" menu and click on "Manage Settings" for the new app. On the next screen, take note of the "Publisher ID" for this app. You will use this below.
Now that you have your publisher ID, go into "Forum Runner Settings" and enable ad support. There will be a field for you to enter "AdMob Publisher ID for [iPhone/Android]". Fill in the publisher ID from above in the proper field.

If you previously were using the AdMob javascript, please delete it out of the field below the publisher IDs completely, otherwise ads will not show up.

Once you are done, make sure you have enabled ads as well as set up which user groups you wish to include/exclude and where you want ads to show up.

Click Save. Congratulations, you are done! AdMob ads will now show up in your user's mobile apps and you will receive revenue generated by them.

Keep in mind that the fill rate on Android apps is extremely low (sometimes less than 10%), so you might not see ads showing up on Android devices for a while.

You can enable "House Ads" on your apps to host your own custom ads as well. These can be used to fill the ad space when no AdMob ad has been filled.

If you have any questions, please post them below!

Please keep in mind that it can take 24-48 hours before ads start being served! Please be patient!

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

http://www.forumrunner.net

(#2) Old
catfish

Default 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM

i cannot get the ads to show. i joined admod and think i did everything right. older man here so be gentle please. i love the ap it works great but would like to get the ads working. thank you in advance. under status it says
Inactive: AdMob has never received an ad request for your site.

(#3) Old
catfish

Default 05-09-2012, 12:20 AM

just started working. going to ad to my other forums tomorow. thank you!
is it recomended that we put the ads in all three places that are available in admin panel?

(#4) Old
Joeychgo

Default 05-13-2012, 03:00 AM

What about the iPad and Windows Phone 7 Apps?

(#5) Old
catfish

Default 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM

iphone and ipad ap are the same ap. the ap works for both. only have to buy it once and you can put it on your other one

(#6) Old
Joeychgo

Default 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM

I can only get 1 site to display ads.. (iphone ads only on that 1 site. I get no requests on the other site - no andriod on either site...

(#7) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 05-14-2012, 09:55 PM

We don't support Windows Phone. Ads should work across iPad/iPhone (universal app).

It takes up to 48 hours for ads to start showing up.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#8) Old
Joeychgo

Default 05-19-2012, 09:21 AM

1 site ads show - one site, no ads. What am I missing?

(#9) Old
ClemsonJeeper
Forum Sprinter

Default 05-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Unsure - I have never heard of this before. You might want to contact AdMob and give them your publisher id so they can look into why ads are not being shown for it and the other is.

Could be any number of things - but likely is on AdMob's side, not ours.

Rob J
Forum Runner Developer

(#10) Old
Joeychgo

Default 06-11-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Unsure - I have never heard of this before. You might want to contact AdMob and give them your publisher id so they can look into why ads are not being shown for it and the other is.

Could be any number of things - but likely is on AdMob's side, not ours.
Still nothing. Works fine on one site and not on the other. When I look at admob one site shows active one inactive. Settings seem to be the same for both...